Santa Monica Airport Dog Park

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Santa Monica Airport Dog Park



Finn got the chance to check out yet another dog park today. This one, at Airport Park in Santa Monica, is much smaller than Laurel Canyon but it's very well kept. The entire .83 acres is fenced in and covered in a thick mulch, making it easy to clean up. There are separate areas for small and large dogs, water fountains, trash bags and even a few tennis balls. We happened into the park at around 6:00 and there were about 20 or so dogs in the big dog area, fairly busy for such a small space but there was still enough room to move around.

The one issue to note however, technically dogs must be licensed in Santa Monica to be in the park. The Park services of Santa Monica does provide a phone number for non-residents to apply for a permit.

View Larger Map
All in all the park is clean, well kept, had friendly dogs and owners and was generally a pleasant experience. Still, unless you live close to the park and are headed there on a walk there are better places to go (including the Palisades Park by the beach)

5 Comments:

Amber-Mae said...

Oh my, that a pawsome park! Wish I can go but too bad I live very far away.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Lizzy said...

I wish we had a dog park like that where I live! That would be awesome!

I hope your weekend is a BLAST.

Sparky

wozog said...

Hey you should enter Finn in the Dogs vs Cats tournament at www.wozog.com. Just send a picture of Finn with your thumb showing in the picture to admin@wozog.com. It will be a lot of fun and you could win some cash. Only 16 spots are available hope to see you in the contest!

Lady Kaos said...

You are so lucky to get to go to dog parks. There aren't any in our area.
I was fun getting to meet you at the DWB pawty on Friday! I'm adding you to my links list so I can check in on you every day, or as close to every day as I can.
Kaos

Lindsay said...

I'm glad Finn gets to try so many different parks.