Dog Hike in Los Angeles

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Dog Hike in Los Angeles

Last weekend we took Finn on his first real outdoor experience. Until now we were worried he would tire out or simply be to hyper to enjoy the outdoors, but he proved he is ready. The park we took him to was Coldwater Canyon Park and it is also home to the environmental group Treepeople. Although Coldwater is a small park (45 acres) it connects to a series of other parks that together are over 1000 acres. The paths there are wide dirt paths and are friendly to a variety of activities. We encountered lots of other dogs, a few cyclists testing there uphill abilities, and at least one hiker carrying a baby on his back. Our adventure started at the top of the hill where we parked, just off Mulholland. After weaving our way down a few steps we got to the main path which we followed until it ended at a paved cul-de-sac. There we sat for a few minutes and let Finn drink water; he was panting a bit and we wanted to make sure he stayed well hydrated. on the way back up the hill we stopped and snapped a few pictures (partly because it was a nice view and partly because Finn needed to stop and collect himself).

5 Comments:

Johann The Dog said...

After agility season, I must have my Mum take me on a hike! I miss it. Glad you had fun....

Woofs, Johann

Simba said...

Hiking is one of my most favourite things to do! Enjoy it Finn!! Your endurance will build with every hike! ;o)

Simba

Amber-Mae said...

Oh, Finn went on his 1st hike? Me too! My sistas, I & my hoomans just went for a short hiking & swimming on Saturday. We had loads of fun! I hope Finn did too...I posted about it in my bloggy. Hope you'll enjoy reading it.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Kerrio said...

Looks like a fabulous place for dogs!

(and you have sun - we are jealous!)

Curt Rogers said...

Congrats on Finn (what a great name!). I just found your blog and look forward to catching up on past posts.

I remember when we got Duncan (our pure-bred Golden) three years ago, I never thought he'd calm down. After three years of puppydom, and numerous gray hairs, I'm actually starting to miss my pup. Enjoy every second of Finn!

Good luck!

Duncan's dad, Curt