The Best dog toy?

Friday, August 24, 2007

The Best dog toy?

As Finn gets bigger the adolescent stage is starting to kick in. Some bad behavior just happens and we need to train him not to do it, like trying to chew on chair legs. I know he is smart enough to learn not to eat them. Then again he needs an alternative to occupy him, plus this duck needs a rest.Finn is weird about his toys, most times he'll play with anything but there was one toy this dog will not play with. I stopped giving him tennis balls (despite having bought 18) after he lost the first 2 in a matter of minutes and our dog trainer said tennis balls are toxic to dogs, although I am still skeptical.

For the few other dog owners who read this what are you dogs favorites.

4 Comments:

Michelle Wrighton Artist said...

My current dog dosn't think she is a dog and won't play with toys (weird I know). She will play chasey and dodge with us or the cat, but not toys).

My previous dogs (Jack Russell Terriers) loved empty 2lt plastic cool drink containers (with the lids removed). They would chase them around for hours. They also loved tennis balls and big rubber chew bones. There are a variety of different Kong toys that most dogs like as well.

Tish said...

I've never heard that tennis balls are toxic. They sell special ones for dogs in the pet store, but I'm not sure if they are really any different from the regular ones.

My dogs love a variety of toys, but they prefer the stuffed animals that squeak.

I love your blog! Thanks for submitting your 10 Questions to BlogsWeLuv. I'll let you know when they're posted. :)

Amber-Mae said...

Oh, I didn't know that tennis balls are toxic becoz if they are, they wouldn't be selling any in pet stores specially for dogs right? It can be dangerous if the dogs swallow chucks of it. Goes the same for any other toy & of tennis balls are toxic, then other doggie toys too are toxic. Don't really make sense actually but whatever it is, I LOVE them to bits!!! They are my favorite & have tons of them but so far, nothing bad has happened to me. I put them in my mouth the whole time... So I don't think it's true. It should be ok.

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Ume said...

stuffies & Cuz!!!